Wednesday, June 14, 2006

 

Park Art

Marilyn had a field trip with her school at the Franklin Park Conservatory, where they were having a special butterfly exhibit. John was on a golf trip so I acted as chaperone. The exhibit was nice, although there were not as many butterflies as I had expected.

But the Conservatory was featuring the art of Patrick Dougherty. He does amazing work with tree branches -- really amazing stuff. When I worked at the Art and Culture Center I met him while he was doing an installation there. You can see it here. I handed him sticks and chatted about finishing my masters at Clemson. He had been there before for an installation, which I knew well.

So I was pleased to see his work again in Columbus. I asked Marilyn to pose (which you can imagine she was more than willing to do) under the installation outside the Conservatory.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?